Friday 5 September 2014

REVIEW - The Dare Game (Tracy Beaker #2) by Jacqueline Wilson

The Book
Release Date: 24 October 2006
Goodreads Link

No. 116 - The BIG Read


I’m Tracy Beaker, the great inventor of extremely outrageous dares! I’ve bought a big fat purple notebook for writing down all my mega-manic ultra scary stories in. But especially for my own story. Of how my foster mum, Cam, has turned out to be a real meanie. No designer clothes, when I really need them. A pokey flat, and a horrible new school. No wonder I bunk off. Still, it will have to do until my real mum comes and gets me. And until then, no one is going to be better at the Dare Game than Tracy Beaker!



My Opinion  3 STARS

This book follows on from where Tracy had pestered Cam to foster her, and well Tracy got her wish and is now living in Cam's little flat in a box room that she helped decorate.

However things are not quite going quite as she thought they would. She has second hand clothes and Cam does not constantly buy her presents or expensive designer wear. Tracy is also bullied at her new school and hates her teacher so she starts to play truant.

Along the way Tracy makes two new friends, weedy little Alexander and Football, a guy who like to play, you guessed it, football.

When her mother males a return to the scene, Tracy finds that perhaps all that she had been wishing and dreaming for were just that. Reality isn't as good as she thought it would be.

All of this shows her she can make friends and tells her who she really wants to live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment